Sunday, August 9, 2009

Probably the last update from camp...tear

Once again, i have a lot to say and little time to talk about it. This, again, will not be in chronological order, but i will try my best to put everything i want in.

I have been a little upset thinking about leaving. My feelings about this place are a constant roller coaster. For the past few weeks when people have asked if I will be coming back next year, my immediate answer is, "HELL NO!". Lately though, as we are doing final activities and bringing camp into its final days, I cant help but think how much i am going to miss so many of the girls and so many of the staff. Everyone in the staff has gone through hell and back together this year and we all made it through and we all survived swine '09. I have honestly made true friendships with fellow counselors and until today when i was saying an early goodbye to someone, I did not realize how horrible I would feel. It sucks to think i may not see any of the little girls i have spent 7 weeks with again, or see any of the counselors i have spent 9 weeks with again. I am sure my feelings will continue to roller coaster, but I will honestly consider coming back next year if i am invited back.

On a lighter, more ridiculous note, i celebrated my 22nd birthday on Wednesday here. Tuesday night was probably the most fun i have had here, as everyone was determined to make it a blast. Mission accomplished...and then some! We started the evening sending some random woman who had mixed sleeping pills with alcohol at the restaurant to the hospital. This set the tone for the evening, believe it or not. My boss....yes, my BOSS, bought me a few tequilla shots and i bought myself a $10 maragarita (it was totally worth $10, trust me!), and i ended up moving to a different bar and having abotu 5 other "higher-ups" buy me a continuous supply of jello shots, tequilla shots, and mixed drinks i had never even heard of. We then all decided to coem back to camp (in taxi's and drivin by DD's, i promise) and someone came up with the brilliant idea to go skinyn dipping in the lake right next to the girls cabins. Yes, we all stripped down to undies (totally nakie would have been too if we really cared at this point) and we jumped in the lake. Now, when i say we jumped in the lake i mean we CANNON BALLED into the lake. Clearly, the security guard was tipped off that something was going on. All of us in our drunken stuper really thought we could be quiet enough to get him to go away and decided to jump behind a huge rock. Well, unfortunetely for me, the only picture i have stuck in my head from that night is my 45+ in age boss running towards me in tighty-whiteys to hide me behind a rock. Whiel laying behind this rock with my boss i was a little disturbed so i tried to scoot further and further away from him which resulted in me scrapping my entire leg from my two to the top of my thigh down the rock. After teh security guard found us (big surprise, we weren't quiet enough to steer him away) and we found out it was fine because we were all counselors, it was not as fun, so we decided to smoke cigs in a totally non-smoking area. We smoked in the gazeebo right next to the tennis courts directly in the middle of camp. Take note: smoking is ONLY allowed in the staff parking lot abotu a mile away. after we finished our cigs we hid them under tiny rocks....hahah this seems liek a genious plan at the time. I don't remember what all happened after that for the night, but i do remember being thrown in the lake by the guys the following day after lunch. So, yeah....hell of a birthday, eh?

moving right along, we took the trip to the radio station. I took 10 girls to "92 moose" which is Maine's top 40 radio station. I guess because it is the most listened to station around here I assumed it would have a nice building like WNCI at home, but no. It was in a mini-mall behind a laundry mat...but the girls loved it! They put the girls on air and camp heard them and it ended up being a big success! The DJ and i actually know a lot of the same people and he said to keep in touch for after december and he woudl try to get me a job with citadel, another company other than clear channel that could hook me up with a radio job. He emailed me the clip of the girls on air, also, which was posted to the camps website so all the parents got to hear it, as well. :)

Hmm, finally, my last day off is Tuesday. We are planning on going to Bar Harbor which is apparently AMAZING! I cannot wait! I leave Monday and will be heading into MA to see Sarah, my mom, and the boys and i am SO excited!!!!! I will be home Friday, the 20th and plan to sleep in my HUGE QUEEN SIZE BED for days and take a shower in a REAL shower. Ughh....its the little things that i miss....honestly. Cant wait to see you all!!!

1 comment:

  1. uhhhh Friday is the 21st. You will be home on THURSDAY the 20th....